Plot Summary: The morning after her ordeal, the MC wakes up in bed with her naked roommate, Naomasa. Naomasa then proceeds to tell the MC that he is completely uninterested in her. Later, the MC learns that the reason everyone is after her SD card is because in the background of her photo, a man is being attacked. This man is a scientist and he has discovered a cure for a previously incurable disease. The MC and Naomasa infiltrate a pharmaceutical company to see if they can find him.
What I think of him: Naomasa is cool, reserved, and generally remains apart from the rest of the detectives. He’s the only child of the head of a Yakuza clan and became a lawyer to help them out, but instead ended up drifting away from his family. Naomasa has always blamed himself for the death of his mother, and it is a heavy burden on him. He doesn’t understand other people and frequently forgets to explain himself to others. Still, he is very caring and is adorably uncomfortable around animals.
Charm point: He wants the MC all to himself.
Cuddle, kiss, or push down: Kiss, because it keeps getting interrupted
Would have eloped with:
- Kiyoharu? He hits on/teases the MC a lot
- When the MC stands up for Naomasa in the courtroom
- When Naomasa rescues the MC towards the end (and also on the stairs)
- When Naomasa gets cornered by animals
- When Naomasa’s possessiveness shows
- “Being with you makes me happy”
- The Sweet Ending
- Did Koharu have to be so unlikable?
- Naomasa’s decision to go home was abrupt (remedied by His POV)
Worth the price of admission?: Yes! Love Naomasa, he’s so cute
After the main route (POSSIBLE SPOILERS):
- Epilogue: Koharu forces the MC to drink a drug. This is great, there is lots of intimacy, jealousy, and cat moments. You get to see Naomasa doing is best to help the MC.
- Sequel: A member of the Sakura clan goes missing and the team goes to investigate. This story deals with trust issues and talking. It was good, and there were great moments, but I prefer the main route. I prefer the bitter ending.
- Season 2 main: Naomasa and the MC go undercover as a priest and a shrine maiden to investigate some shady business at a shrine. Against there were lots of great moments, but I wasn’t always convinced ofNaomasa’s motives, even with the excuse of “previous trauma”.
- Season 2 Epilogue: Naomasa gets sick and then the MC gets sick. The main theme of this story is depending on each other, which is a problem that both the MC and Naomasa seem to cling to (it was also addressed in the Season 1 sequel).
- His POV: it fills in some wholes that were left in the main route
- Saving Him: Naomasa goes missing during an undercover case for his father, and the MC is determined to find him. It’s very weird since the MC has a sprite in this one and it is in a much more anime style than the rest of the characters so it looks a little odd, but she is really kick-ass in this story and Naomasa gets all sexy at the end, and it’s great