Plot Summary: After being attacked by men in black robes the MC learns that she is not an ordinary, country girl, but a princess. Knowing that the journey to the capital may be dangerous, she chooses the strongest looking of the knights to be her guardian, the Knight Commander, Gaia. But all is not sunshine in roses in the Kingdom of Rapier. The king has been sick and the peasants of the capital are revolting, demanding that the king, the MC’s father, step down from the throne.
What I think of him: Gaia is controlled and formidable. He takes things seriously and keeps a tight reign on his subordinates. He has dedicated his life to restoring his family’s honor since his father, a previous Knight Commander, infamously went missing in the kingdom’s time of need. He can be surprisingly a bit naive and and awkward at times.
Charm point: He just can’t say no to his princess.
Cuddle, kiss, or push down: Kiss on the back of your hand as he pledges his loyalty.
Would have eloped with:
- Haku, just because I want to put his money where is mouth is.
- Any time the MC overpowers Gaia
- Gaia’s reaction to the MC calling him cute (this is a choice, and it should definitely be clicked)
- Stupid chapter previews (it’s a game mechanic complaint but I hate them)
- The father was pretty much pointless
Worth the price of admission?: Yes
After the main route (POSSIBLE SPOILERS):
- Epilogue: It’s a cute continuations and addresses the restrictions the MC and Gaia’s relationship might face going forward. You also get to see Gaia being aggressive (for him) and it is great.
Notable substories: There aren’t any 😦